Ingredients (Serves 1)
For the Pancakes
- 100g whole wheat pastry flour (or oat flour)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 60 ml orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Toppings: 50g grated milk chocolate Easter egg
For the Chocolate Sauce
- 75g milk chocolate Easter egg melted
- 2 tablespoons water (or milk)
- 3-4 drops orange essence
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and stir with a wire whisk to break up any lumps.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Add wet to dry and stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter onto skillet surface, forming 3 small-medium pancakes (batter will be thick).
- Allow to cook 4-5 minutes on each side, flipping after edges start to crisp (batter will not bubble).
- While the cakes are cooking, prepare your chocolate sauce by mixing all ingredients and whisking until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a plate and top with chocolate sauce and grated chocolate.
If you make a double batch then the remaining pancakes can be stored in a Pac ‘n Vac container and will keep fresh for up tp 5 days.