With the expense of luxury items, extra guests and the inevitable leftovers it’s easy to overspend on Christmas food. But here are 5 practical ways Pac ‘n Vac can help you cut the cost by making sure delicious Christmas food doesn’t go to waste.
- Buy in advance and keep it fresh for up to 40% longer. Forget fishing wilting Brussels from the bottom bin of the fridge or soggy strawberries in the fruit dessert. For fresh veg, salad or fruit rinse it, pat it dry, pack, vac and stack it and it’s ready to use when you need it, in perfect condition.
- Prepare like a professional and enjoy yourself on the day. Par-boil the potatoes and chill them so they’re ready to roast. Clean and cut up your veg and spare yourself a session at the sink. Who wants to spend Christmas morning slaving in a hot kitchen? Put yourself in control with Pac ‘n Vac and enjoy that Prosecco!
- Keep leftovers looking and tasting good whether it’s roast potatoes, turkey or that special starter or dessert. And remember – the instant vacuum surrounding food in Pac ‘n Vac containers helps prevent discolouration as well as keeping food fresher and safer for longer, so it comes into its own with items such as pâté or mousse.
- Take a break from turkey and freeze it for later in the month. Pop your leftover poultry straight into a Pac ‘n Vac box and into the freezer. A good stock of leftover cooked meats makes a handy standby for quick winter curries, pies or casseroles. And since Pac ‘n Vac vacuum food boxes are stackable, they take up minimal space. Check out our recipe section for some ideas.
- Keep crackers, snacks, breadsticks and biscuits as crisp as the day you bought them. Once the pack of cheese biscuits, nibbles or cookies is opened, put the rest into a Pac ‘n Vac box and you’ll find they are crisp and fresh even a week later. Works brilliantly for breadsticks, nuts and other dry foods. Tasting is believing!
And don’t forget – with the unique optional Day Dot indicator you’ll know exactly when you stored, or need to consume the contents of your Pac ‘n Vac instant vacuum food storage box … another way to stay in control and save money at Christmas!